Skip to content
- Define: Evidence | Mental Model | Distinction | Systems | Relationship | Perspective
Ask students to define these terms in their science notebook. Then ask them to discuss the definitions in pairs or small groups. As a whole class, come to a consensus and define each term on a separate chart paper post-it. Post each term in the room. Changes can be made as thinking and understanding of the terms change.
- Watch in class -DSRP-Four Simple Rules of Systems Thinking, 11:55 – www.thinkwater.us, then consider revising terms in number one. See Teacher’s Notes for more background.
- Based on their current mental models, have
students complete Worksheet 1. Climate Reality – Impacts.
- Have students answer questions in science notebook (Students need to generate their own opinions/responses), then pair up and discuss. Next have a whole class discussion.
- Do you think your actions impact our environment?
- Do you think your actions impact the climate system?
- How do you know what to believe is true or false?
- When determining an argument’s validity, how do you determine whether or not a
source is credible?